27.5.04

Another of my letters to The Guardian. David Aaronovitch actually sent me a reply to this. Which was nice.

"Dear Sir,
I notice that life in Iraq appears to be worsening daily. Is it fair then, that David Aaronovitch only has one column per week in which to enlighten us as to the reality of the situation? Do we have to wait until next week to get the real story behind Chalabi? After his masterful dissection of Susan Sontag's article, I'm not sure that I can wait that long.
Yours faithfully,
Stephen Wills,"

David's reply was:

"I don't, Stephen. You can read me in the Observer as well. There, I bet
that made your day.
Best wishes,
David A"

I then wrote back saying this.

"Thanks for replying David. I do read you every week in "The Observer" but
thought the point was better made by reference to your Guardian column only.
What would make my day would be to understand how a highly educated,
liberal, European journalist ends up siding with George W. Bush against
Susan Sontag.
Once again, thanks for taking the trouble to reply.
Kind regards,
Stephen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home